Humans Are Not Adapted for Modern Life
Evolution works very slowly, over hundreds of thousands of years. We humans have very rapidly changed our world. Evolution has not yet caught up to prepare us to live in this new world. In the meantime we muddle through. Here are some examples.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- We humans require pure water. When it is polluted with human feces, animal feces, chemical and pesticides, we have trouble.
- We humans are evolved to eat lean meat. When it is grain fed and marbled with fat, it clogs our arteries.
- We humans are evolved in a world where sodium was rare and precious. We evolved a craving for it that is toxic in a world of abundant salt.
- We humans evolved a world where calories were hard to come by. We evolved a craving for any form of concentrated calories which is doing us in when we are surrounded in junk food.
- We humans evolved in the quiet of nature. Today we are bombarded with cacophony.
- We evolved a fear of heights, but no equivalent fear of speed. We recklessly smash ourselves to bits with our complete lack of caution around speed.