Passing the Buck for Hillary
Hillary Clinton has taken complete responsibility for the handful of classified emails on her unsecured server. I think she is taking the blame for political reasons, not because she actually had anything to do with it. Why do I think that?
- Executives do not set up and configure email servers. Techs do. Most executives don’t even know what email servers are.
- The people who sent her the classified emails failed to encrypt (thoroughly scramble) them. That was a much more serious security breach. Even if Hillary had a secure email server, such plain text emails could have been intercepted on the way to it.
- The people who sent her the classified emails failed to digitally sign them. That too was a much more serious security breach. It allowed the Russians to easily tamper with the hacked emails and release them. It also made it possible for enemies to intercept the emails and easily modify them. It made it possible for enemies to counterfeit emails out of thin air.
- The people who sent her classified emails failed to check the channel was secure before sending.
- Some of the people who sent classified emails failed to label them properly. For security, a classified email should get special priority handling then be deleted.
- A secure mail server should use the https: protocol to talk with other secure mail servers. If if were using the insecure http: protocol, all the other mail servers would know, because they too would have to use http: to communicate with it. Yet nobody reported the error. The government security watchdog was asleep at the switch.
It is not just me who thinks Hillary is innocent. The Republican prosecutor who hated her guts concluded she made a mistake but did nothing criminal.
Even if the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) finds some labeled or unlabeled classified emails on Huma Abedin’s computer, that is Abedin’s error, not Hillary’s. Trump told one of his biggest lies that the presence of unexamined routine emails on Huma Abedin’s computer is the biggest scandal since Watergate. That is not even a story, much less a scandal. I would think his gang rape of Katie Johnson, a 13-year old virgin easily surpasses it.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)