Illegitimate Ways to Profit
You will make more money if:
- Your products look sturdy, but break and soon need to be replaced.
- You create artificial shortages and jack up the prices.
- You package your products deceptively to fool the customer into thinking he is getting more than he really is.
- You make extravagant sales promotion offers, then find some way to not actually deliver.
- You collude with your competitors to fix prices.
- You pollute and leave it to someone else to clean up.
- You spend no money or effort on how your product will be recycled when its life is over.
- Your products don’t satisfy a need, just a whim.
- You don’t test your products for safety. They burn and cut, but not seriously enough for lawsuits.
Capitalism demands all of these anti-social behaviours. If some drug had those effects on people, we would ban it as psychosis-inducing.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)