Christians often recommend sedation or putting the patient into a coma as an alternative to physician assisted suicide.
- This lets Christians feel safe from retribution from their imaginary sadistic god who reputedly likes people to suffer and disapproves of physician-assisted suicide.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Putting someone into a coma and waiting for them to die is equivalent to physician assisted suicide without the patient’s consent or even knowledge.
- With a coma, the patient misses his death, and the goodbyes.
- Barring physician-assisted suicide reduces the patient’s choices.
- It very expensive to keep someone alive in a coma. If the patient is not going to recover, there is no point to it.
- It is cowardly appeasement, letting Christians impose their superstitions on non-believers.
- Sedation and coma are almost the same. You might as well be dead. You cannot greet your friends. You cannot have experience.